Hundred chart puzzles are a great way for students to develop number sense. Each puzzle is a different 'chunk' of the chart, requiring students to count from different starting points and use strategies such as 1 more/1 less and 10 more/10 less to solve. They are designed to help students think about number patterns and sequences. We have included an anchor chart printable showing the patterns in the 100 chart (1 more/less, 10 more/less). You might like to enlarge it and display in your classroom as an added tool for your students.
This download contains 23 black and white printable pages and 1 coloured anchor chart:
• '100 Chart Pattern' Anchor Chart
• 4 x ‘early stage’ puzzle piece printables (plus 1 blank)
• 12 x large 100 chart puzzles
• 3 x 'Fill in the Missing numbers' recording sheets/printables (2 smaller puzzles on one page) plus 1 blank puzzle page
Use them in many ways:
• Enlarged as whole class warm-up activity
• Math Center • Partner work
We hope your students enjoy using these as much as ours do!
Kate and Clare
Follow us on Instagram here