The Hunger Games Setting, Themes, Map of Panem, and Symbolism
Best seller and newly updated! This is two 20-page documents to enhance learning while reading Suzanne Collins' novel "The Hunger Games." Created by top-rated teacher author Tracee Orman and a best seller! Teacher's Guide included.
It includes the following:
1. student worksheet for the setting
2. teacher's guide for the setting
3. a student handout of a blank map of North America asking them to speculate the locations of the districts & Capitol based on context clues
4. a teacher's guide with a sample map of Panem (based on my notes from Hunger Games and Catching Fire, Mockingjay)
5. a student handout for the symbols in the novel (such as dandelion, Peeta's bread, mockingjay, the woods, Rue's flowers, etc.)
6. a teacher's guide to what each symbol represents & how it appears in the novel
7. a page of my notes I've collected over what each district's industry is, the tributes for each district, and when & how each tribute died.
8. graphic organizer for themes & teacher's notes
9. notes on society class structure
NEWLY ADDED: Student worksheets for the district seals and Capitol seals. So many activities to choose from!
This is included in the following other products:
Hunger Games Unit
The Hunger Games Teaching Unit MEGA GROWING BUNDLE
The Hunger Games Trilogy Literature Units Bundle
Created by Tracee Orman
Hunger Games Lessons