The Hunger Games Setting, Themes, Map of Panem, and Symbolism - This resource includes two separate files (one for students, one for teachers) covering the themes, symbols, setting, and maps of Panem to enhance learning while reading Suzanne Collins' novel "The Hunger Games." Created by top-rated teacher author Tracee Orman and a best seller! Teacher's Guide included.
It includes the following:
1. student worksheet for the setting
2. teacher's guide for the setting
3. a student handout of a blank map of North America asking them to speculate the locations of the districts & Capitol based on context clues
4. a teacher's guide with a sample map of Panem (based on my notes from Hunger Games and Catching Fire, Mockingjay)
5. a student handout for the symbols in the novel (such as dandelion, Peeta's bread, mockingjay, the woods, Rue's flowers, etc.)
6. a teacher's guide to what each symbol represents & how it appears in the novel
7. a page of my notes I've collected over what each district's industry is, the tributes for each district, and when & how each tribute died.
8. graphic organizer for themes & teacher's notes
9. notes on society class structure
NEWLY ADDED: Student worksheets for the district seals and Capitol seals. So many activities to choose from!
This is included in the following other products:
Created by Tracee Orman