This is activity has independent and group activities:
1. Independent--Read and reflect on a quote from the text. Respond to questions.
2. Group--Fishbowl-style seminar
3. Independent--Quote analysis chart
For this activity, the teacher will:
1. Cut up the quotes/question cards.
2. Go around the room and allow students to randomly select a quote/question card.
3. Give the students 5-10 minutes to consider their quote and record their thoughts.
4. Begin fishbowl. Students with like cards will meet in the middle first. 7-10 minutes/group.
--The students in the fishbowl will analyze and discuss their assigned quotes.
--The students outside the fishbowl will take notes on the discussion.
5. After all groups have met, the teacher will distribute the independent quote analysis sheet.
Check out some of my favorite lessons:
Life of Pi: Unit Plan Bundle
Introduction to Literary Lenses: Unit Plan Bundle
Hunger Games: Fishbowl Activity
Book Thief: Novel Stations
Persepolis: Reading Guide
Kite Runner: Symbolism
FREE 3*2*1 Worksheet CCSS
How to earn TPT Credits:
"Earn TpT Credits for purchases on TpT. You get one TpT Credit for every $ you spend on TpT. Thing is, you only get the Credits after you Provide Feedback -- both a fair rating and a fair comment -- on the items that you purchase. We will round up for you, too! If you provide fair feedback on a $4.75 item, you will earn 5 credits. Every 100 Credits is worth $5 that you can apply towards future TpT purchases, but there is no need to wait until you have 100 to redeem them. 50 credits is worth $2.50, for example."--TPT Credits Page