Could you survive the Hunger Games? Get students excited about reading "The Hunger Games" with their own collection of handouts to keep track of all the essentials while reading the novel. *Aligned with the Common Core State Standards for English/Language Arts. UPDATED with a Google Slides version for distance learning!
I'm offering this separate from my unit for teachers who may not want all the additional files in the large unit. The student survival pack includes:
1. Character graphic organizer
2. Tribute organizer
3. Vocabulary organizer
4. Introduction activity
5. Theme organizer
6. Symbols organizer
7. Setting organizer
8. Thought-provoking discussion questions
9. Facebook activity for part 2
10. Map of Panem and Map of Arena activity
11. Comparison of skills activity
12. Class reaping activity
13. Tributes organizer
14. Capitol Mutts organizer
15. Research meanings of names activity
16. Review crossword
18. Review Cloze activity
19. Character analysis for all three parts
20. Snap Chat creative activity
21. Food symbolism
22. Quotes activity
23. Writing prompts
24. End of the novel questions
25. Art comparison activity
The student survival pack is 70+ pages.
The teacher's guide contains answers (or suggested answers) for all the activities and organizers. It also has brief chapter summaries. It is 80+ pages.
Both files are in PDF format PLUS I added a Google Slides version, which is broken into three parts and includes almost all of the activities! Perfect for distance or remote learning!
This is included in the following other products:
Created by Tracee Orman