This game was designed to be used in my first grade classroom during math center time. I use a daily 4 approach so my games are designed to be able to be played independently by the students with out much teacher direction. This game is aligned to the common core standard: 1.NBT.2
All my common core file folder games are also available in a cost effective bundle. Check out my store for details!
• Print out banana numbers and spinner on card stock. laminate and cut out. Use a brass fastener and paper clip to make a spinner
• Print out games boards and game labels in color on computer paper.
o These will get pasted into the file folder (see pictures)
• Laminate file folder for durability
• Copy worksheets back to back
• Two students play
• Place monkey cards face down in a pile on table.
• Student spin to see how many cards they pick up.
• Do they have a match in their basket? If so place it if not put it back face down on table.
• The first person to fill their basket is the winner.
• Use the included worksheets for accountability and has a way to assess the students center work.