Hurricane Harvey: What is included:
• A table showing Hurricane Harvey data for many days: date, time, latitude, longitude, wind speed, air pressure, and storm designation.
• An Atlantic Basin hurricane map on which students can track the latitude and longitude of the storm through the Atlantic Ocean and Gulf of Mexico.
• A bar graph to fill in for wind speeds
• A bar graph to fill in for air pressure
• The Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Wind Scale.
• A comparison of Hurricane Katrina with Hurricane Harvey in chart form.
• An explanation of why Harvey was so destructive.
• Detailed instructions for teachers on how to use the data.
These plans are appropriate for fifth graders through middle graders.
Note: Data is complete through Thursday, August 31, 2017, 7 a.m. EDT