Hurricane Hunters Measure Power of a Storm - Science Worksheet Print or Google
- Internet Activities
Fly with Hurricane Hunters Hurricanes and other disastrous weather events can wreak havoc on our lives. The best way to prevent future disasters is to learn all that we can about these phenomena so that we can take steps to protect our lives and property. Unfortunately, learning about hurricanes isn’t as simple as observing other weather patterns-it requires getting up close and personal with some of the scariest situations on the planet. Lucky for the rest of us, there are some brave men and women known as the hurricane hunters-who are willing to take the risk and explore the eye of the storm.
Suggested Teaching Methods:
1. Pair students to watch and answer questions together.
2. Watch the video as a class, then assign questions as a follow-up activity.
3. Assign each student a question(s) to answer and share.
4. Use as a lesson plan for a substitute teacher.
5. Utilize as an extra credit or homework activity for a related topic lesson.
1. Students will become familiar with the work of the hurricane hunters and the team’s
2. Students will define and understand weather-related vocabulary words.
3. Students will observe the application of scientific data.
This lesson bundle includes a cover page, link to a Science in the Extremes YouTube
video (5:06 in length), student response questions, answer key, and an extension activity.
This worksheet comes in multiple formats so you can use it in any teaching situation!
- Digital PDF for electronic sharing or easy printing
- Includes link to Google Slide Hyperdoc with fillable fields for students
- Video link is embedded into the guide for quick access
- Answer key provided
⏳ Teaching Time
About 30 minutes with discussion
❤️Follow My Store
Click on the green star next to the store logo to receive new product updates.
Students using Chromebooks should download the free Chrome app DocHub.
It saves their work in the PDF as they work and has great sharing options including Google Classroom
⭐ How to Get TPT Credit for Future Purchases⭐
Go to your "My Purchases" page. Next to each purchase, you'll see a "Provide Feedback" button, click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits you can use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I'd be grateful if you'd leave feedback :)