This interactive article uses Augmented Reality (AR) to expose students to the world of hurricanes! AR is an exciting technology that can be used to engage students and enhance instruction. This is a two-page article with seven graphics, five of which are AR Auras. A comprehension worksheet with answer guide is also included.
Getting ready to use this is quick and easy!
In order to use all of the features of this article you will need a tablet or smartphone that uses Google Play or iTunes App Store.
To prep your device:
♦ Download the free Aurasma app from your device store or find a download link from www.aurasma.com
♦ Follow my channel using the link http://auras.ma/s/y0yzF
To prep the article for use:
♦ Print the article on cardstock (or regular paper for homework) in color or black and white. Lamination is not recommended as it can interfere with the ability to recognize the trigger images.
♦ Print the optional student response sheets in the quantity you require
To use the article’s AR features:
♦ Hold your prepared device over one of the images with the purple Aurasma logo in the corner. An Aura (video) will appear over the image! Keep the device trained on the Aura until it ends. Moving the device will end the connection and the video will stop and start over from the beginning when retrained on the image.
Uses for the classroom:
• Use this article in the science classroom as an introduction to hurricanes
• Use this article as a non-fiction reading experience in any classroom
• Have students work together in small groups or individually
•This could be an elementary school center or a middle school warm up
•This article can also be sent home as a homework assignment if students have access to a Auasma-capable device at home!
You might also be interested in:
• My Science Resources
• My Augmented Reality Resources
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.