Hurricane Harvey was a disaster, and while being trapped in the house because of flooding all over my city, I wanted to create this Hurricane Unit with an editable PowerPoint and printables freebie.
After a natural disaster, it is always a good idea to teach students about them and how they can better prepare for another one if it were to occur again.
The PowerPoint discusses:
• What is a hurricane?
• Different names for hurricanes such as typhoons and cyclones
• How they form
• Parts of a hurricane – the eye, the eye wall, rainbands
• Where they occur
• Hurricane season
• Storm surge
• Categories 1-5
The Printables include (with answer keys):
• PowerPoint review Questions
• Categories sheet
• Preparing for a hurricane cut and paste
• Parts of a hurricane labeling and answering questions
If you liked this unit, you will love my other science units so check them out at my store. Follow me for future updates on new items and awesome deals.