Products in this Bundle (6)
showing 1-5 of 6 products
Also included in
- Are you ready for your students to take charge of their learning? This environmental science course is interactive, hands-on, and student-centered! It includes tons of labs and activities as well as web-quests, worksheets, concept maps, and quizzes! Students learn about the features and organisms$170.00$212.50Save $42.50
This is a bundle of 6 lessons for a high school earth science or ecology course designed to facilitate independent learning about freshwater and marine ecosystems and how they are impacted by human development. The lessons are ideal for sub plans or simply to encourage self-instruction of basic concepts.
Looking for a digital version of these lessons to use for online teaching or 1:1 classrooms? Find the digital version here.
Topics: properties of water, water cycle, cohesion, deforestation, acid rain, surface water, watersheds, eutrophication, riparian zones, groundwater, irrigation, aquifers, tragedy of the commons, marine productivity, sustainable fishing, aquaculture, coral reefs, oil spills, wetlands, water pollution, water quality
*This bundle is part of my Environmental Science Course.
Each lesson includes:
1. Lesson- Content & vocabulary gained through internet links, videos, and/or PowerPoint presentations.
2. Activities- Lab or activity designed to apply the concepts learned in the lesson.
3. Digging Deeper- reading assignments for homework or warm-ups
4. Data Analysis- graphs and raw data for student analysis and explanation
5. Assessment- Quiz, assignment, exit ticket, or project as a culmination and review of lesson
*Please note: These are not lecture-based lessons, so not every lesson includes a PowerPoint presentation. Most of the content is geared towards independent learning through web resources and videos, which makes them great for hybrid learning environments or substitute plans.
**For details about the worksheets, slides, and activities included in this bundle, please click on the PREVIEW button above.**
This curriculum is ideally geared towards high school students, but is appropriate for any student looking for an independent, student-centered approach to learning.
➤My Environmental Science Series includes lessons for each sphere of the earth:
These lessons are designed to be easy to use for both students and teachers. Regardless of whether you've taught Environmental Science for years or just need a few quick lessons to add to your science curriculum, this is the perfect selection.
What curriculum could I use with these lessons?
This lesson is ideally geared towards high school students and would work well with a general level Environmental Science or Biology textbook. It addresses the following topics in AP Environmental Science (APES):
- 1.3: Aquatic Biomes
- 1.7: The Hydrologic (Water) Cycle
- 1.8: Primary Productivity
- 1.10: Trophic Levels
- 4.6: Watersheds
- 5.1: The Tragedy of the Commons
- 5.5: Irrigation Methods
- 5.8: Impacts of Overfishing
- 5.9: Impacts of Mining
- 5.10: Impacts of Urbanization
- 5.12: Introduction to Sustainability
- 5.16: Aquaculture
- 8.1: Sources of Pollution
- 8.2: Human Impacts on Ecosystems
- 8.3: Endocrine Disruptors
- 8.4: Human Impacts on Wetlands and Mangroves
- 8.5: Eutrophication
- 8.6: Thermal Pollution
- 8.7: Persistent Organic Pollutants
- 8.8: Bioaccumulation and Biomagnification
- 8.11: Sewage Treatment
- 8.12: Lethal Does 50% (LD50)
- 8.14: Pollution and Human Health
- 9.5: Global Climate Change
- 9.6: Ocean Warming
- 9.7: Ocean Acidification