Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
1.98 MB | 16 pages
Food Technology / Technology Mandatory
Resource:Hygiene Assessment Rubric, Teacher Sample and Student Sample AND a Pizza Hut newspaper article case study on glass in a a slice of pizza.
The Pizza Hut case study was found in the newspaper, where a patron experienced shards of glass on their pizza. This first story engaged students to think about food contamination and serves as a nice introductory task to the main assessment below.
Year 8 students really engaged with this task. They were asked to research food contamination, food handling practices and assess their local take away shops.
• Demonstrates extensive knowledge and understanding of food contamination ,symptoms, poor handling food practices and their impact on a business.
• Supports each slide with relevant images.
• Demonstrates extensive knowledge and understanding of how bacteria can cause illness as well as the symptoms and treatments.
• Presents a highly organized attractive powerpoint that informs and educates.
• Effectively communicates ideas, issues and opinions in an organized, logical and coherent manner, using appropriate terminology
Presents bibliography correctly (in alphabetical order) with a wide range of sources of information. Divides the bibliography into information and images.