Food Technology / Technology Mandatory
Resource:Hygiene Assessment Rubric, Teacher Sample and Student Sample AND a Pizza Hut newspaper article case study on glass in a a slice of pizza.
The Pizza Hut case study was found in the newspaper, where a patron experienced shards of glass on their pizza. This first story engaged students to think about food contamination and serves as a nice introductory task to the main assessment below.
Year 8 students really engaged with this task. They were asked to research food contamination, food handling practices and assess their local take away shops.
• Demonstrates extensive knowledge and understanding of food contamination ,symptoms, poor handling food practices and their impact on a business.
• Supports each slide with relevant images.
• Demonstrates extensive knowledge and understanding of how bacteria can cause illness as well as the symptoms and treatments.
• Presents a highly organized attractive powerpoint that informs and educates.
• Effectively communicates ideas, issues and opinions in an organized, logical and coherent manner, using appropriate terminology
Presents bibliography correctly (in alphabetical order) with a wide range of sources of information. Divides the bibliography into information and images.
-If you liked this, you will love these-
Food Technology Mega Bundle (over $99.99 worth of value)
Over 200 pages of food technology, programs, assessments and resources.
7 TAS resources
8 Enrichment food resources
9 food technology programs assessments and exams
10 food technology programs, assessments and exams
Senior food technology 10 000 word chapter on food trends (learn about the square watermelons of Japan)