Dental and Oral Hygiene
Life Skills and Health
This learning packet is a self-guided workbook focused on teaching students the importance of good oral hygiene and the steps they need to take to maintain a healthy mouth and body. There are multiple worksheets that can easily be adapted into a lesson or into an emergency lesson plan.
OBJECTIVES: Students will be able to
• Explain why good oral/dental hygiene is important.
• Describe how and why plaque and tartar occur.
• Identify the causes of tooth decay and cavities.
• Explain why gum disease occurs and its effects.
• Describe how to maintain good oral/dental hygiene.
1. Reading Comprehension worksheets
2. Word Search
3. Key Terms worksheet
4. Fact about Teeth Analysis
5. Brushing and Flossing, HOW TO BRUSH AND FLOSS PROPERLY
Other helpful learning materials:
EXERCISE - The Importance of Exercise
Stress, Stress Management, Life Skills
Nutrition, Health Lessons, CALORIES
Learning to Deal With Criticism
Feedback is Greatly Appreciated
Michael K. Powell