Are you looking for a FUN way to review vocabulary in your classroom? I AM… WHO IS…? will be a great fit for you and your students! This game gets the entire class involved in reviewing vocabulary and gets them up and out of their seats! It’s a great activity for kinesthetic learners! After playing the game a few times during the unit, students remember the vocabulary better!
In this game, each student is given a card with a scientific term on it. After their definition has been called out by another student, they stand up and announce their term, then give the definition for the next term. The game continues until all cards are used and the play returns to the first player. This game requires students to use their listening skills to match the definition being read to their particular card. The game can also be played individually or in partners. Instructions for full-class and individual/partner play are included.
This product comes with:
1. 20 game cards featuring definitions, colorful pictures, and terms from the Scientific Method.
2. Answer Key to assist your students during the game.
3. Instructions sheet that includes directions for how to play as an entire class as well as individual / partner play. The instruction sheet also describes the easiest method to prepare the game.
The 20 terms included in this vocabulary game are:
1. Scientific Method
6. Problem Statement
11. Control Group
12. Experimental Group
13. Independent Variable
14. Dependent Variable
15. Controlled Variable
19. Peer Review
Please Note: These cards are in a secured format and are NOT editable. If there are additional terms you would like included in this game set please email us at mrandmrsroosterTPT@gmail.com. Thank you!
HOW TO USE THE PRODUCT IN THE CLASSROOM
Specific directions for how to play the game individually, in partners, and as a full-class are included in this product.
This vocabulary review game can be used in multiple ways in the classroom. Here are five great ways to use this product! You may even come up with more ways to use this product!
1. Review during the unit – Take a break from notes to review important vocabulary together as a class or in partners.
2. Review before a test – A great way to get the entire class involved in test review.
3. Review test stations – If you like to have test review stations, I AM… WHO IS…? works well at a test station. The students can work individually or in pairs to review their vocabulary.
4. Individual or partner review during down time – Use the game as a supplemental activity for students who have finished their work, quiz, test, etc. and are looking for something else to do!
5. Final exam review – This is a great game to help students review essential vocabulary before their final exam.
THANK YOU for your interest in this product! Please download the preview before purchasing and ask us any questions you may have. Questions can be directed to: mrandmrsroosterTpT@gmail.com. Happy teaching!
-Mr. and Mrs. Rooster
Check out our other great related products!
Vocabulary Sheet – Scientific Method
– The vocab sheet that goes with this game! It has space for students to write the definitions and draw a picture. It includes an answer key!
Word Wall - Scientific Method
- Illustrated word wall cards that go with the terms in this game!
Vocabulary Bundle - Scientific Method
– Contains this I AM… WHO IS…? Review Card Game, Vocabulary Sheet, and the Illustrated Word Wall cards.
If you enjoyed this product, please visit our store to see our other products! We have a wide range of resources including Technology Lessons
, A Free Study Hall Bundle
, and other creations to spice up your classroom and TpT resources!
Store Link: Mr. and Mrs. Rooster
Did you know that when you leave feedback for a paid product, you receive credit toward your TpT account? Want to rack up some free credits? Go to your “My Purchases” page (logged in) and you will see a “Provide Feedback” button. Rate your paid products and get your money back for your money spent! We thoroughly enjoy and appreciate receiving your feedback and you receive credit! It’s win-win!
Please see the “TpT Credits” posting for more details and your current credit balance (logged in).
Where to Find Us:
Follow us on Teachers Pay Teachers: Mr. and Mrs. Rooster
Be the first to know when we upload new products, discounts, and freebies by clicking on the green star next to our store logo to become a follower!
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mrandmrsrooster/
Follow us on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/mrmrsrooster/
Read our Blog: http://mrandmrsrooster.blogspot.com/