I Am David Novel Study
4th - 7th
What educators are saying
This was a great addition to our novel study. I used bits and pieces as we worked our way through the novel. Thank you!
I Am David by Anne Holm (also called North to Freedom) tells the story of 12 year old David who escapes from a labor camp in post World War II. This poignant novel is filled with many life lessons. Use this novel study to explore the book, its characters, and David's journey! This study was designed for the book but can be used with the book or the movie.
This study includes 36 pages of activities and an answer key.
- Discussion Questions/Writing Prompts (2 versions: list and free response)
- 7 Comprehension Quizzes (multiple choice) and Final Quiz
- Traits of David
- How Do The Characters Help David?
- David's Journey (with map of Europe)
- The Land of Denmark
- Vocabulary (4 pages)
- Vocabulary Fill in the Blank
- The Beauty of Words Activity
- Book and Movie Comparison
- Lessons from Johannes
- The Man Analysis
- Notable Quotes
- Settings Activity (2)
- Creative Cover
Report this resource to TPT
Reported resources will be reviewed by our team. Report this resource to let us know if this resource violates TPT’s content guidelines.