This novel study package includes more than 50 pages of ready-to-go teaching resources!
The following materials are included with your purchase:
- Prezi to be used throughout the novel study: includes pre-reading value line discussion, background information regarding the Pashtunwali Code and Muslim prayer practices, and three projects to be done at different points in your instruction
- Project #1: PARENTAL DIARY PROJECT - Students create a book-style diary using one of Malala's parent's points of view
- Project #2: ME IN THREE - Students reflect on the idea of personal identity, as Malala does when she's called an "IDP," or Internally Displaced Person.
- Project #3: MY LIFE IN A BAG - Students must pretend that they are leaving their homes, and phsyically pack a backpack with their most vital possessions.
- Vocabulary activities for the entire novel
- Study guide with characterization and theme activities, quote analysis, and discussion questions