Also included in
- Get your students writing their own poetry with these Poetry Writing Activities! These no-prep Poetry Writing Activities are easy enough to implement with high school students of any skill level but provide opportunities for advanced students to challenge themselves. Each activity includes a suggest$11.58$14.47Save $2.89
- Take the stress out of planning a Creative Writing class with this complete, 9-week elective course bundle! This Complete Creative Writing Class Bundle includes everything you need to teach creative writing skills, poetry analysis, and engage students in a variety of writing!In this engaging 9-week$74.58$93.22Save $18.64
Looking for an easy back-to-school or getting-to-know-your activity? Are you introducing poetry to your students? Even if you're just looking for a way to break up your regular routine without sacrificing rigor and teaching time, this FREE "I Am" Poem Activity will be a great addition to your teaching calendar!
This is a complete lesson--lesson plan, handout, and Google Slides presentation--for teaching and guiding high school students through writing an I Am poem. This is a simple poem, perfect for building confidence in young writers and giving students who "don't know what to write about" a place to start.
The slideshow introduces two literary terms (line and stanza), which are reviewed in the worksheet. The slideshow also provides an EDITABLE slide for you to add in your own I am poem--a great way to build relationships with your students and show them that is ok to share writing out loud.
Teaching online? Also included is an editable Google Docs version of the worksheet. Distance learning won't get in the way of this creative writing activity.
- NON-EDITABLE Google Slides presentation (with the exception of one slide for adding your example)
- Student Worksheet
- NON-EDITABLE Printable Worksheet
- EDITABLE Google Doc version
- Suggested Lesson Plan
This is great as a back-to-school or getting to know you activity, but is designed as an introductory lesson for a larger creative writing course.
- Poetry Writing Bundle
- Poem of the Week Activities
- Figurative Language Bundle
- Writing Workshops and Mini Lessons Bundle
- Creative Writing Project: Fairy Tale Retelling
- Creative Writing Project: Author Study
***This resource consists of NON-EDITABLE PDF and Google files within Google Folder. In order to access your purchase, you will need to give Teachers Pay Teachers access to your Google Drive.