I Am Ready to Read was designed to encourage and inspire students to read independently and become avid readers. Introduce I Am Ready to Read on the very first day of school to convey a very positive and inspirational tone concerning the importance of reading. It is important that students have a I Am Ready to Read Mind-set on day one and throughout the entire school year.
This is how you should use I Am Ready to Read.
1. Challenge students to read a particular number of books each quarter. Allow students to participate in the decision-making.
2. Give each student one set of I Am Ready to Read handouts.
3. Tell students to complete and turn in the I Am Ready to Read set for each book read.
4. Keep accurate documentation of each student's success. And devise your own grading scale for this reading activity.
5. At the end of each quarter, reward your students for their effort. Why not have a book party with delicious treats to celebrate I Am Ready to Read accomplishments? Also, you can ask students to decide how they should be rewarded. This will give them something to look forward to. That's a total of four celebrations.
To be fully prepared, visit your local library and check out books to keep in your class for students to use for this activity. Of course, students will have to obtain most of the books on their own,
I am sure this reading tool will enrich your students in reading development.
Please take a look at my Reading Skills Planner, too.
Thank you for considering this product.
Renee Coates-Smith, M.Ed.
Red Carpet Classrooms