Thanks for downloading my original emergent reader, I Am a Bat
, which covers the bat life cycle in a fun, engaging way for young students! I send my emergent reader books home for families to read together. I have found doing so helps build much stronger literacy connections between home and school!
This download includes:
- Two versions of the book (see preview for details)
1. Original version
2. Blank lines for independent vocabulary writing
- Black and white, ink-friendly pages
- Five 8.5”x11” sheets of paper per book (creates a 10 page mini book)
- 11 printable pages
- Large, easy-to-color graphics
- 7 bat-related vocabulary words (clinging, fly, hibernation, nursery, pup, roost, wings)
Simply print pages the pages you need (depending on which version of the emergent reader you choose), cut along the mid-page line, and staple together to create a book for your students.
Sing text to the tune of Over in the Meadow for a fun twist!
Use along side my full size, color version of I Am a Bat
, which can be found HERE!
My students take great pride in reading their mini books to anyone willing to listen, and the books have served me well when it comes to getting families more engaged in reading at home. I hope your students love it as much as mine do.
Find more of my emergent readers & mini books HERE!
Find the full size, color version of I Am a Bat HERE!
Pre-K Teacher Heather