Each character trait in this packet is based upon a childrens picture book that has been written by a recognizable author or a traditional fable, folk, or fairy tale that can easily be found.
The character traits included in this packet are:
1. Love based on the picture book GUESS HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU
2. Respect based on the picture book LILLYS PURPLE PLASTIC PURSE
3. Kindness based on the fable THE LION AND THE MOUSE
4. Honesty based on the folk tale RUTHIE AND THE NOT SO TEENY TINY LIE
5. Patience based on the picture book LEO THE LATE BLOOMER
6. Perseverance based on the fable THE TORTOISE AND THE HARE
7. Cooperation based on the picture book SWIMMY
8. Acceptance based on the picture book THE UGLY DUCKLING
9. Sharing based on the picture book ITS MINE!
Ideas and activities for each character trait are given. Full color posters that demonstrate each character trait are included. Blackline posters of each trait are also included that can be used for children to color or paint.
Two options for creating a booklet are given.
Option One is a half-sized booklet. Students cut out each character and match it with the page that shows the title of its story. Below the character trait, students draw a picture of how they can show each trait and write a sentence describing their drawing.
Option Two is full-sized booklet. Students follow the step by step directions to create a character from paper OR they can simply sketch and color each character upon the space provided. Students draw a picture of how they can show each trait and write some words describing their drawing.
The student booklets can also be used as single page lessons.
DOWNLOAD THE PREVIEW TO SEE THE COMPONENTS INCLUDED.