PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Help children manage their anger and emotions with calming down strategies. This social skills - character education mini book contains 20 different calming down techniques, and comes in color and black and white.
This resource is also a part of a bundle...
SUGGESTED USES AND INFO
1. There are 21 pages (not including cover), in this mini book. They are not numbered, so you may choose specific techniques you want to include in this book, or use them all.
2. Make books when children are calm, and can understand what the techniques mean.
3. Have children draw pictures of themselves doing the desired calming down technique.
4. Assemble with a hole punch, pipe cleaner, ring, or other fastener. You may also staple together, (a heavy duty stapler is recommended).
5. Children may keep books with them (in backpacks or desks). If desired, laminate for durability.
6. When needing to calm down, children pick a calm choice. If the first choice doesn’t work, children may try another choice.
7. There are two of the same page (or image) included on each slide, as shown in the preview. This allows one to easily print and make multiple books at a time, while making the best use of paper. If you were to print out one social skills book, you would actually be getting two copies of the same book.
Color PDF version
Black and white PDF version
1. Suggested Uses
2. Book Cover
3. 20 Calm Down Strategies and one bonus page allowing children to choose a favorite calm down technique.
4. TOU and Credits
CALM DOWN TECHNIQUES INCLUDED:
1. I can take deep breaths.
2. I can count to 10.
3. I can blow in my hands or blow bubbles.
4. I can focus on awesomeness.
5. I can think of things I am grateful for.
6. I can exercise
7. I can drink some water.
8. I can sing or dance.
9. I can listen to music.
10. I can relax my muscles.
11. I can make a fist, then relax my hand.
12. I can draw or color.
13. I can write it out.
14. I can read a book.
15. I can think in a quiet place.
16. I can tear up a piece of paper.
17. I can talk to an adult or friend.
18. I can ask for a hug.
19. I can pet an animal.
20. I can hug a stuffed animal or pillow.
21. My favorite way to calm down is...
GET TPT CREDIT
Go to your “My Purchases” page, and click the Provide Feedback button. Each time you provide feedback, TPT gives you credits that may be used towards the cost of your future purchases. Your feedback is greatly valued and helps me determine future products. Thank you!
WANT TO JOIN MY NEWSLETTER?
I have suggested a grade level of K - 5, to include children on the spectrum, children in mainstream classes, and younger children who demonstrate an ability to complete this resource. Please preview the resource above to determine if it's appropriate for your needs, and email me with any questions if desired.
I may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
OTHER MINI BOOKS