Designed to help with that tricky R sound, this workbook is a MUST HAVE for every speech-language pathologist! Professional illustrations teach students the anatomy of the mouth and detailed step-by-step visuals guide the clinician and student through a variety of techniques to elicit accurate productions. Activities are included for practice in isolation, syllables, words, sentences, and oral reading.
Included in this downloadable workbook:
• Table of Contents (1 page)
• Book Cover page (1 page)
• A Note for the Speech-Language Pathologist from the author (1 page)
• Why is the /r/ sound so tricky? Explanation page (1 page)
• Speech Anatomy: Learning about the parts of the mouth (2 pages)
• Bunched R vs. Retroflexed R with visuals (1 page)
• How to produce the bunched R - Placement Instructions (1 page)
• How to produce the retroflexed R - Placement Instructions (1 page)
• How do I say the R sound? Mouth Anatomy Coloring Pages (3 pages)
• Shaping an L into an R (1 page)
• Make Your Own Tongue: Modeling Dough Activity (2 pages)
• Tools for Teaching the R Sound (tongue depressors, flossers, etc.) (4 pages)
• Stabilizing the Jaw for Production of R (1 page)
• Visuals for the R Sound: Bear, Pirate, Rooster, Car (1 page)
• Using K and G to help you say the R sound (1 page)
• Eureka and Karla: helpful words (1 page)
• Speech Sound Self Report Sheet (1 page)
• R Practice - Drill Sheets for Practice in Isolation (3 pages)
• Minimal Pairs Cards /w/ vs/ /r/ - Listening for the R sound (1 page)
• R in Syllables (1 page)
• Say and Dot R Practice Pages (25 pages)
• Word to Picture Matching Pages (5 pages - 1 initial, 1 medial, 1 final, 2 r-blends)
• Spin it, Say it, Color it Word Level Practice Pages (7 pages)
• R Clues Cut and Paste (9 pages)
• Carrier Phrase Fun (3 pages)
• Silly Sentences: Read and Illustrate (15 pages)
• Story Time: Read and Illustrate R Stories (7 pages)
• Resource List (1 page)
Total Page Count: 105 Pages!
Thank you for visiting my TPT shop! If you have any questions about this product, please email me at email@example.com prior to purchasing it.
You will love these too!
Thank you for stopping by my TPT shop! If you have any questions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
See more speech therapy awesomeness at PEACHIESPEECHIE.COM
Sign up for the Peachie Speechie Newsletter! You'll be glad you did :)
Important disclaimer about this resource, “I Can Say the R Sound”: This workbook and the techniques presented in it are designed to be used by a speech-language pathologist with an in-depth knowledge of anatomy and speech sound production. This workbook is not designed to be a substitute for speech therapy, simply a collection of materials that SLPs may find useful during treatment sessions. Users must use professional judgment and common sense when implementing techniques described in this product. Appropriate techniques may vary based on the individual being treated.