Designed to help with that tricky S sound, this workbook is a MUST HAVE for every speech-language pathologist! Professional illustrations teach students the anatomy of the mouth and detailed step-by-step visuals guide the clinician and student through a variety of techniques to elicit accurate productions. Activities are included for practice in isolation, syllables, words, sentences, and oral story reading.
Included in this downloadable workbook:
• Book Cover p.1
• Table of Contents p.2
• A Note for the Speech-Language Pathologist From the Author p.3
• Why is the S Sound Challenging p.4
• Speech Sound Self Report p.5
• Speech Anatomy: Learning About the Parts of the Mouth p.6-7
• I Can Say the S Sound Poster p.8
• Visuals for the S Sound p.9
• How to Produce the S Sound p.10-11
• Common /s/ Errors - Frontal vs. Lateral Lisp p.12
• Pull Back Method - Eliciting an /s/ Sound from a /th/ Sound p.13
• Tools for Teaching the S Sound p.14
• Understanding Airflow p.15
• Jaw Stability p.16-17
• Stretchy T - Eliciting an /s/ Sound from a /t/ Sound p.18
• Stretchy T Practice p.19-24
• Facilitating Contexts p.25-26
• Silly Phrases with Facilitating Contexts p.27
• S Practice - Drill Sheets for Practice in Isolation p.28-30
• Minimal Pairs Cards p.31
• S in Syllables p.32
• Say and Dot S Practice p.33-46
• Spin It, Say It, Color It - Word Level p. 47-49
• Carrier Phrase Fun p.50-52
• Tally Sheet with Word Lists: Practice and Data Collection p.53-54
• Articulation Tic-Tac-Toe p.55
• Word to Picture Matching p.56-58
• S Clues Cut and Paste p.59-64
• Silly Sentences: Read and Illustrate p.65-71
• Story Time: Read and Illustrate S Stories p.72-83
• Resource List p.84
Total Page Count: 84 Pages!
Thank you for visiting my TPT shop! If you have any questions about this product, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to purchasing it.
You will love these too!
I Can Say the R Sound Activity Workbook (No Prep)
I Can Have Conversations Activity Workbook (No Prep)
I Can Make Inferences Activity Workbook (No Prep)
I Can Answer WH Questions Activity Workbook (No Prep)
I Can Describe and Categorize Activity Workbook (No Prep)
I Can Use Verbs Activity Workbook (No Prep)
Thank you for stopping by my TPT shop! If you have any questions, please email me at email@example.com
See more speech therapy awesomeness at PEACHIESPEECHIE.COM
Sign up for the Peachie Speechie Newsletter!
You'll be glad you did :)
Important disclaimer about this resource, “I Can Say the S Sound”: This workbook and the techniques presented in it are designed to be used by a speech-language pathologist with an in-depth knowledge of anatomy and speech sound production. This workbook is not designed to be a substitute for speech therapy, simply a collection of materials that SLPs may find useful during treatment sessions. Users must use professional judgment and common sense when implementing techniques described in this product. Appropriate techniques may vary based on the individual being treated.