Here are some I can statements for additional skills for preschool students. The following is included:
1. I can name the eight basic colors.
2. I can name my five senses.
3. I can name the four seasons.
4. I can blend sounds to make a word.
5. I can segment sounds in words.
6. I can tell you the last sound I hear in a word.
7. I can add/delete/substitute sounds in words.
8. I can show you the front, back, and title page of a book.
9. I can name and point to all of my body parts.
10. I can say my first and last name.
11. I can say my address.
12. I can say my phone number.
13. I can hold a writing tool correctly.
14. I can use glue appropriately.
15. I can assemble puzzles.
16. I can work with manipulatives.
17. I can hold scissors and cut appropriately.
18. I can draw a self portrait.
19. I can name some community helpers.
20. I can recognize the flag of the United States.
There is also one I can statement for each letter.
For example: I can identify the name, shape and sound of the letter A.