This is an easy-to-play game that is a fun way to practice counting by 10's with either the whole class, math station, or in a small group. As students match up the answers on their cards with the questions on other students' cards (which also has them practicing their vocabulary and listening skills).
- If students are unfamiliar with how to play the game make sure that you keep the first card so that you can start the game before handing out the rest of the set
- Handout a card to each student.
- Depending on how many students you have in your class, some students may have more cards than others and that is okay
- It is important to use all the cards in the set
- Read the first card, "I have start, who has 10"
- The student with the card that answers the question responds, " I have 10, who has 20" and so on...
- Every card in the set is connected to a card before it and after it.
- To keep the game moving at a quick pace, all students need to pay attention to every question that's asked.
- The game will end when the card reads, "I have stop!"
*game cards (#'s 10 - 500)