I HAVE WHO HAS is a whole class game to assist with learning long vowel sounds
. All five long vowels are incorporated into word cards in this game pack. ELD, Vocabulary, Reading, Speaking and Listening and Phonics Skills are incorporated. This pack includes individual long vowel game sets, as well as a challenge game where all cards are used. 101 game cards are included so you can make 6 individual game sets, as well as a game set incorporating all game cards.
How to Play:
1. Pass out the cards. Divide the number of cards by the number of students in your class so that each student has the same number of cards. You can also have students play as partners if there are not enough cards in a specific game set for all students.
2. The game begins when a student reads the first game card. “I have the first card. Who has ______?”
3. Each student will view their cards. The student who has the next card in the series will read the card aloud and say “I have _____. Who has ____?”
4. The game repeats until a student reads “I have ____. I have the last card.”
5. While learning the words, I have students project their card on the document camera so the entire class can see and read the card.
I love to use this game for intervention and give each student several cards to read as we play. This game also assists with ELD development since there are colored photos to match the top word on each card.
Check out my other Long Vowel Activities:
Write and Wipe Long Vowel Activity Mat
Cut and Paste Long Vowel Word Sort
Long Vowel Memory Match Literacy Games BUNDLE