The I Have Who Has game can be played in a small guided reading group or as a literacy center.
After reviewing short i sound and cvc pattern, you can use the game to reinforce student learning.
After playing the game with your students in small group, you can put it at a literacy center for
students to play together.
I suggest to print on card-stock for durability. The second page can be used as a storage pocket
for your cards. Just print, cut on bold lines and staple/glue on the sides. When printing, you may
need select FIT, so that the cards will align correctly on the page.
1. Pass out cards evenly among students.
2. You can have students lay the cards in front of them so you can monitor.
3. Players look for the card that says, "I have the first card".
When players asks "who has _____" other players look for the card called out. If they
have the card announced, they read, "I have ______, who has_____?".
5. Players can turn their cards over after they read them.
6. Game ends when the last card is read.