The cards have been designed to be used in a class of 25 students. If you have larger
or smaller classes you need to pair students or give a student more than one card.
Included in this activity are
1. A teacher’s master list of all 25 cards. The “I Have” for card 1 is not the answer to card 1. It is the answer to card 25. The “I Have” for card 2 is the answer to card 1
2. One set of 25 cards
Distribute copies of the Student Recording Sheet for students to record their solutions as students read their cards.
Have anyone read their question for “Who Has.” The rest of the students should set try
factoring the given polynomial. When someone discovers they have the answer to the
question, they read their card. This produces a new card and a new problem. The new
problem is described and the class works on new problem. This procedure continues
until the last person reads their problem and it turns out to be the answer of the original
Factoring techniques included:
• with GCF;
• factoring trinomials with a=1;
• factoring trinomials with a≠1;
• factoring the difference of two squares; factoring by grouping;
• factoring by grouping can also be used with many of the trinomials by re-writing the trinomial.