This packet contains 12 Valentine's Day themed math stations for a kinder or first grade classroom. Each math station was created with the Texas math TEKS and the Common Core math standards in mind. I've included color and black and white versions as much as possible. Each game has a student directions page and answer key where they apply.
Here's what you'll get:
1. Valentine's Day Addition and Subtraction Word Problems: 5 word problems for kinders and 5 word problems for firsties. Each word problem has a place for the problem, a picture, an equation and an answer.
Standards: TEKS K.3B, 1.3F, CCSS K.OA.A2, CCSS 1.OA.A1
2. Spin, Roll & Color (2 Versions): This is game where students spin a number, roll a number and add them up in two different colors. The kinder version has them add up to 10 and the first grade version has them add up to 20.
Standards: TEKS K.3A, CCSS K.OA.A1 and TEKS 1.3B, CCSS 1.OA.C6
3. Flats vs Solids (2D vs 3D shapes): This game has students sort and compare 2D and 3D shapes. Practice page included for students to cut, paste and sort shapes independently.
Standards: TEKS K.6DE, 1.6DE, CCSS K.G.A.3
4. Composing and Decomposing Numbers: Students play this game in pairs. A student spins and reads the number. Then they decide which two numbers can be combined to make that number (or they can work backwards and decide how that number can be broken up into two smaller numbers).
Standards: TEKS K.2I, CCSS K.OA.A3
5. Unknown Envelopes: Students work to find an unknown number in an equation and record.
Standards: TEKS 1.3B, CCSS1.OA.D.8
6. Sums of Ten Sort: Students sort lollipops according to whether they are sums of ten or not. Recording sheet included.
Standards: TEKS K.3A, 1.3C, CCSS K.OA.A.21.OA.C.6
7. 1 Less and 1 More: Students use a number line to find out which number is 1 less or 1 more than a given number.
Standards: TEKS K.2F, CCSS K.CC.B.4C
8. 10 Less and 10 More: Students use 100s or 120s charts (included) to find numbers that are 10 less or 10 more than a given number.
Standards: TEKS 1.5C, CCSS 1.NBT.C5
9. How much candy?: Students count sets of candy (up to 20) on ten frames and record.
Standards: TEKS K.2B, CCSS K.CC.A.3
10. Broken Hearts: Students count sets of place value blocks and match them to numbers. (Sets from 0-120)
Standards: TEKS 1.2B, CCSS 1.NBT.A.1
11. Lollipop Measurement: Students use a lollipop as a measurement tool and compare objects in the classroom to the lollipop.
Standards: TEKS K.7B, CCSS K.MD.A2
12. Sweet Measurement: Students use a cupcake ruler (included) to measure Valentine's Day themed pictures and record.
Standards: TEKS 1.7B, CCSS 1.MD.A2
Please ask any questions you may have before purchasing. Take a look at the preview, every center is included in the preview.
Visit my blog for freebies and fun!
Teachin' Little Texans