• 3 student worksheets
• Information for teachers (containing extension activities and variations)
• 16 colour flash cards
Conducting the activity
• Ask students to name as many food items as they can in English.
• Use flash cards to elicit or review food vocabulary needed for the activity.
• Depending on the level of the learners, flash cards can be hidden or left on display during the matching exercise.
Worksheet 1 – Reading.
• Ask learners to trace the words and drill / check pronunciation.
• Instruct learners to match the words with the corresponding pictures using the flashcards to help them if necessary.
• Correct the worksheet together as a class.
Worksheet 2 – Writing.
• Teach or review I like / I don’t like using the smiley faces on the worksheet to assist with comprehension.
• Go around the room asking learners if they like apples or not using the construct I like apples or I don’t like apples.
• Ask learners to complete the table using the pictures and text to assist them.
• Finally, have learners circle the appropriate response (for themselves) for each food item.
Worksheet 3 – Speaking.
• Teach or review the short responses Yes I do / No I don’t as answers to the Do you like _____________? questions.
• Ask learners to respond to the initial question using the short answers, continue asking Do you like ____? questions using the key vocab until all learners demonstrate comprehension.
• Have learners work in pairs or small groups asking each other the questions on the worksheet. Monitor for pronunciation and correct use of grammatical structures.
More information is contained in the 'Information for Teachers' section. Enjoy!