Building confidence and excitement about reading begins the first day of school!!! This emergent reader little book is a great way to begin to teach young students how to read and to build an excitement towards reading.
This story includes features several different characters(monsters, zebra, monkeys, elephant, lion, hippo, boy, and girl) with a speech bubble saying "I like school". The very repetitive nature of this book will allow all students to feel successful as readers, as they practice tracking print and learn the sight words "I" and "like".
This book includes the same text on both the top and bottom of each sheet of paper to make copying, sorting, stapling, and cutting easy to create a class set of little books!!
This file includes both color and black-and-white versions of this book to provide you options; I hope this book is useful in your classroom!!
If you like this emergent reader with a “back to school” theme,
you might like some of my other “back to school” little books for beginning readers.
**Teacher, Teacher, What Do You See?**
**In Our Classroom… A Book About Classroom Rules**
**We Are Good Listeners**
**My Feelings… Great for an All About Me Theme**
**We Can Help at Our School**
If you are looking for more back to school resources,
you might want to check out these:
*September Math Question of the Day*
* Back to School Math and Literacy Centers*
* Back to School Literacy Practice Pages*
* Back to School Counting Sets Independent Practice*
* Back to School Graphing Independent Practice*
* Back to School Patterning Independent Practice*
* Back to School Lowercase Alphabet Bingo Games*
* Teacher, Teacher, What Do You See? Emergent Reader*
* Sight Word Mats for Dolch Pre-Primer Words with a Jungle School theme*
Thanks for looking and happy teaching!!