This is a set of center activities that will compliment your teaching for Earth Day. They include bright, fun graphics from Whimsy Clips, which your students will love! There are 4 LA centers and 3 Math centers each focusing on a different skill.
1. Read and Recycle Sort
- this center allows your students to sort short and long vowels on cans and bottles into recycling bin pockets
- each short and long vowel word includes a blend or digraph
- sorting worksheet included
2. Flying Around the World Game
- your choice of first grade sight word cards or cvc word cards
3. Composting Syllables
- your student will sort fruit and vegetable cards by their syllables
- designed for a pocket chart, but can be done without
- recording worksheet included
4. Vocabulary Puzzles
- teaches vocabulary that would be included in any Earth Day units: pollution, conservation, reduce, reuse, recycle, pollution
- writing extension worksheet included
5. Mystery Words
- skill focus: adding and subtracting 10's
- download the freebie in my store for a closer look at these!
6. Recycling Numbers
- skill focus: missing addends to 20
- printable that requires no prep!
7. Number Puzzles
- skill focus: numeral, tally and base 10 identification of numbers up to 100
- the student does the puzzles and then can record on the optional worksheet
I hope that these activities are useful and fun for your students! I appreciate comments, questions and feedback on my products!
Thank you and Happy Earth Day!!