• Help your students increase their observation and awareness skills!
• Ideal for your Early Finishers!
How can you help your students become more observant and aware – important skills that cross all areas of the curriculum? I Spy Challenge was designed to help you do just that!
In I Spy Challenge, students become junior detectives and study photographs for three minutes taking in all the details they can such as number and color of objects, locations, signs, etc.
• Then they turn the photo face down and get a question Task Card to see how well they observed and recalled details from the photo.
• Students record their responses on a Student Record Sheet.
• An Answer Key is provided for each set of questions for easy self checking.
Suggestions for Use
• Students can use an egg timer at a learning center to keep track of their time. You can also have students work with a partner and have them time each other.
• Place one or more photos in a folder at a learning center at a time. This is a great activity for your early finishers!
Please note: The photographs must be reproduced in color since some of the questions refer to specific colors.
Also included in I Spy Challenge:
• an Answer Key for each photograph for self correcting
• a Student Record Sheet to record answers
• an Award Certificate for completion of the unit
A similar version of I Spy Challenge is also available as digital Boom Cards on Boom Learning (in my store, Pizzazz Learning).
Also available: I Spy Challenge #2
Same format as I Spy Challenge but all new photographs and question Task Cards. More detective FUN!
Thank you for visiting! As always, I welcome your comments and feedback!
I Spy Challenge ©2018 Linda Schwartz • Pizzazz Learning
keywords: recalling details, observation, awareness, early finishers, photographs, substitutes
If you purchase I Spy Challenge, please take a minute to rate it to receive TpT credits.
Be FIRST, to learn about NEW products and SALE notices. Click the star in my store to become a FOLLOWER.
Looking for a specific skill or activity? Pizzazz Learning has Task Cards, Printables, and Worksheets for the following:
addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, word problems, multi-step word problems, mental math, number patterns, fractions, money, time, place value, reviews, test prep
adjectives, adverbs, conjunctions, verbs, nouns, pronouns, prepositions, subject-verb agreement
context clues, dictionary skills, alphabetical order, contractions, compounds, abbreviations, plurals, lists, proofreading, spelling, punctuation, synonyms, antonyms, rhyming, homophones, prefixes, suffixes, vocabulary, creative writing, reviews, test prep, anagrams
social issues, U.S. geography, quiz cards, state trivia, U.S. presidents, famous people, famous women, famous men, famous athletes, Asia, Europe, Africa, Martin Luther King, Jr.
superheroes, dogs, sports, fairy tales, birds, plants, kindness, scavenger hunts, mysteries, tolerance, bullies, kindness, word puzzles
Seasons, Holidays, & Special Occasions
beginning of the school year, back-to-school, Thanksgiving, Halloween, Hanukkah, Arbor Day, Chinese New Year, Cinco de Mayo, Christmas, Kwanzaa, Memorial Day, Valentine’s Day, Veteran’s Day, Saint Patrick’s Day, Independence Day, Earth Day,
Martin Luther King Jr.
early finishers, gifted and talented, quickie quizzes, critical thinking, creative thinking, quotes