For this novel by Lauren Tarshis, here is a study unit for "I Survived the Nazi Invasion, 1944." This is not intended for grades lower than 5th. It works well as a read-aloud.
Included are -
- Four or five questions for each chapter, many are multiple part.
- Questions are arranged on a half-page per chapter and may be
used similar to Task Cards.
- Detailed teacher suggestions.
- Topic specific journal page.
- Writing Task Cards - two for paragraphs; two for essays
- Word Search with close reading questions for Timeline at the end of the novel.
- All answers included.
Questions align with CCSS ELA 6,7,8 RL 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9
Writing aligns with CCSS ELA W1, 2, 3
CCSS Speaking and Listening suggestions included
Word Study worksheets are here too:
- Ch 1 to 5; Ch 6 to 13. Each has three synonym/antonym identification and room for students to write definitions for five other words. Spelling ladders are included, as CCSS for every grade 3 to 8 lists "Spelling, age appropriate". The spelling ladders are a low-key way of approaching spelling and the puzzle lovers like them a lot.
See Preview for teacher suggestions and four sample chapter question sets.