**Updated May 2017**
Literacy activities based on the book I Saw an Ant on the Railroad Track by Joshua Prince.
1. Ant Narrative - Making predictions
2. Retelling Events in Sequence
3. Comparing Characters – Ant and Jack
4. Colour by Consonant Digraph – ch, ck, sh (2 levels)
5. I have….Who has? Game – ck words
6. Consonant Blends - Fill the gap and puzzle pieces
7. Writing Strips – Consonant blends (3 sets of words)
8. Suffix –ing: Adding -ing
9. Statement or Exclamation
10. Colour by Grammar
- Nouns, Verbs or Adjectives
- Nouns, Verbs, Adjectives or Pronouns
Note: Included are separate files for US and Australian spelling.
Other learning ideas (not included in this packet):
* Science - Students can explore the basic needs of ants and their habitat.
* History - Students learn about different modes of transport including trains