CHECK BACK SOON FOR MORE "I SPY..." INVESTIGATION PRODUCTS.
This product includes 12 task cards and one recording sheet for your students. The task cards require a student to have a dictionary of some kind at hand to complete each cards task (which you will need to provide). There is no answer key with this product due to the fact that the dictionary you decide to use will be unique to your own classroom.
This product was created to provide a quick way to assess students skills and abilities when using a dictionary.
Mini-Investigation Task Cards Require Students to:
1. Define entry words
2. Identify parts of speech
3. Identify how many syllables a given word has
4. Locate and identify the pronunciation of entry words
5. Use an entry word in a complete sentence
6. Identify entry words that belong on a page in a dictionary according to the guide words found on the dictionary page
7. Identify and locate the ISBN for the dictionary in use
This product includes six small single sheet size posters with the definition and example of each of the following: entry word, pronunciation, part of speech, definition, guide words, ISBN
1. You could set up a small area (center) with a few copies of the task cards and recording sheets, and the dictionary that your students will need to use in their investigation.
2. This product could also be used throughout the year as an early finisher activity for students to review their dictionary skills.
3. Groups: You can assign groups. Have the students investigate the dictionary together. This would be great for active learning where students can talk and discuss what they are investigating.
PLEASE BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW FOR THIS PRODUCT BEFORE PURCHASING: I have included several pages in my preview so that you can get a better understanding of what is included. Thank you for considering the purchase of this product.
More "I Spy:" investigation products:
17 (includes cover sheet, TOU, answer sheets, and posters)