Use this novel study with your students while reading the novel I Survived: The Great Chicago Fire, 1871. There are 105 pages of student activities to enhance the learning experience and give the teacher tools for differentiation.
- at least 2 or more comprehension questions for each chapter
- before reading activities
- after reading activities
- after reading extended responses
- Genre, Text Structure, and Text Features posters
- comprehension pages to use for any chapter (summarizing, story elements, connections, etc.)
- Additional book activities ideas
- mini journal pages to use with any text
This unit can be easily differentiated. Pick and choose the chapter questions you include in your student packets (some chapters are very short, and you may not need the kids answering questions of every chapter). Also, the general comprehension pages can be used throughout the text, multiple times. In addition, the mini journal has general comprehension questions for any novel. You can print whichever pages you want students answering (double sided, flip on the short side, fold, and staple on the fold).