A companion unit containing 18 worksheets for Jon Klassen’s picture book I WANT MY HAT BACK. This book is an excellent addition to any reading program.
The unit contains the following pages:
1. Unit title page
2. Prediction writing exercise
3. Prediction writing exercise (students record two different ideas for the story)
4. Retelling the story through a comic strip
5. Beginning, Middle and End writing exercise
6. Comprehension questions (5 in total)
7. What order do the animals appear exercise
8. Have you seen my hat? Connect the animal to its answer
9. Choose two parts of the story you like best (writing and drawing)
10. Story reflection questions (2)
11. Drawing activity (draw the bear’s hat and a hat of your own)
12. Main character description exercise
13. Sequencing exercise
14. What happened before the story began (writing and drawing)
15. What happens after the story ends (writing and drawing)
16. Writing exercise (students reflect on their own manners/politeness)
17. Design a missing hat poster
18. Research one animal from the story (will require access to a computer or library)
19. Word search
20. Teacher answer pages (4 in total)
Thanks for stopping by my store! I appreciate your support and welcome any feedback.
All artwork by Patricia Watson.
© Patricia Watson 2016
Copyright © Patricia Watson. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clip art and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.