This narrative of the life of Frederick Douglass song, part 1 covers important events during the early years of Douglass's life from birth up to his escape from slavery at age 20.
Get the activity here!
Listen with subtitles on YouTube!
This activity includes:
- the song lyrics
- a list of multiple-choice comprehension questions with the answer key
- a context clues activity: students will define content vocabulary words using context clues in the "Frederick Douglass for Kids Song, part 1"
- a timeline activity with a graphic organizer
- a sequential paragraph activity that utilizes the timeline
How to use this resource:
- Students will preview the comprehension questions on pages 1 and 2 then listen to the song while following along with the lyrics on pages 3 and 4.
- Next, students will answer the questions on pages 1 and 2.
- Students will then complete the context clues, timeline, and sequential paragraph activities on the following pages.
- The answer key for pages 1, 2, and 5 are located on pages 8, 9, and 10.
Click here to follow our store for updates!
Get monthly freebies!
Get a custom-made song for free!
This product was made in collaboration with the Math Animal. Click here to visit his store.
You may also like:
Civil Rights Leaders Reading Passages and Comprehension Questions with History Songs
Black History Reading Comprehension Passages with Questions and Songs Bundle #1
Frederick Douglass Biography Song, Part 2 with Synonyms and Antonyms Worksheets
Governor Linwood Holton Jr. Famous Virginian Reading Activity with Song
Jackie Robinson and Civil Rights Reading Passage with Song
Cesar Chavez Reading Comprehension Civil Rights Passage with Song
*Leave a review if you liked our product.*
Copyright © 2018 Rap Opera for Kids. All rights reserved by authors. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Images and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.
Music provided by Rujay.
Instrumental: "Sippin" by Ihaksi.