I Went Walking is a fantastic story to begin the school year with. This literacy unit includes 13 different resources to use with your little learners. There are a variety of activities, most of them include differentiated pages to suit a range of learners. There is everything from writing prompts, to puppets and word wall displays. All you need is a copy of the book 'I Went Walking' and you are ready to go. Most activities are no prep, making your weekly planning much easier.
This is what is included in the unit:
1. Sentence making: There are 7 differentiated sheets included using different sentences and layouts.
2. Word and picture match activity: 3 differentiated pages
3. If I went walking I would see a ___ writing prompt
4. Sequencing: 2 different versions
5. My favourite part: 3 different versions
6. What animal will he see next writing prompt
7. Where are they going to writing prompt
9. Walking around the school activity
11. Word wall words
12. Pocket chart sentences
13. Get to know you game
This unit is perfect for the start of the year and will get your students excited about learning!
If you liked this unit, check out my store for my other literacy units. Keep updated by following my instagram page @mrs_mccarthys_classroom or my Facebook page Ms K's Kreations.