If your students like Brown Bear, Brown Bear, they'll love I Went Walking by Sue Williams. This book tells the story of a boy who went walking and saw many colorful animals. (The book is sold separately in stores or online.) This no-prep literature unit is filled with six different follow-up activities to target listening, language and literacy! Following reading, engage your students in activities targeting:
1. Sequencing with Pictures (which is also a great retelling tool!)- There are two leveled-options available.
2. Comprehension Questions with two (picture) answer choices
3. The I Went Walking Book Walk- A game to find items in the book matching given attributes and functions
4. Rhyme Sort- Sort pictures by rhyme.
5. Written Connection- The student writes what he/she saw as they went walking. (There are two options, one for a boy and one for a girl.)
6. Open-Ended Sheet- Use to target any goal and fill in circles with a Bingo dauber.
This no-prep book companion is so easy to use! All pages are black and white. Just print, copy and you're ready to go!
Not only will your students LOVE this cute story, they'll also have fun with these follow-up activities targeting language, listening and literacy!