*NONFICTION AND FICTION TEXT FOR GUIDED READING*
90 original first grade leveled reading passages and close reading activities perfectly aligned to Common Core Literature AND Informational reading standards! This pack could be used in a variety of ways - class-wide reading, homework, assessment, fluency work, reading comprehension practice, guided reading groups, or intervention.
This is a BUNDLE of my best sellers I am Reading!
at a 20% savings!
RIGOROUS AND COMMON CORE ALIGNED
Each passage was carefully crafted with a first grader in mind. The response sheets include close reading tasks that are text dependent. The text falls within the Lexile level of 100- 800. The Lexile level and word count is at the top of each article.
This 203 page product is perfect for the end of kindergarten all the way to the end of second grade. It could also be used with third grade students who are below grade level.
The 46 fiction articles have their own response sheet based on CCSS. Each of the 44 non fiction articles has its own response sheets that focus on main idea, supporting details, using text supported evidence, and summaries. Generic response sheets are also included
THIS PRODUCT HAS MULTIPLE USES
1. Intervention- The teacher can read the text and students can practice responding orally or with support. Once the teacher reads, students can try it on their own. This would be a great opportunity to practice fluency, comprehension, predicting, inferring and many other skills. This is a great way to build confidence with students who are not yet ready to read the books independently.
2. Partner Reading- The passages are high interest for second graders, which is beneficial for reluctant readers. Working with partners is another way to help students who lack confidence and /or stamina.
3. Homework or Independent Work During Centers or Daily Five - For students who are more fluent in their reading, this would be a great way to assess their reading comprehension and ability to respond appropriately on the response sheets.
4. Fluency Work – Since the word count is provided, it would be easy to time student’s reading and figure out how many words per minute they are reading. 60 wpm or higher is desirable by the end of first grade.
5. Guided Reading – Especially if you have limited time, short, snappy texts are perfect for reading groups. You can focus on a reading strategy, such as close reading, inference, asking and answering text dependent questions, or citing evidence from the text. You could send the article and reading comprehension sheet home as homework or do it with the group.
Here are the links to the four individual products:
I am Reading
I am Reading, Too
I am Reading #3
I am Reading #4
THIS BUNDLE IS 20% LESS THAN IF YOU BOUGHT EACH PRODUCT SEPARATELY
As always, please ask questions before purchasing. Thank you so much! ♥
Copyright© 2016 Cecelia Magro
All rights reserved by author. Permission to copy for single classroom use only. Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only. Not for public display.