I HAVE WHO HAS is an awesome activity to play while learning short vowels. All five short vowels are incorporated into CVC words in this game pack. This pack includes 72 game cards.
How to Play:
1. Pass out the cards. Since there are 72 game cards, divide the number of cards by the number of students in your class so that each student has the same number of cards.
2. The game begins when a student reads the first game card. “I have the first card. Who has bat?”
3. Each student will view their cards. The student who has the next card in the series will read the card aloud and say “I have bat. Who has fog?”
4. The game repeats until a student reads “I have log. I have the last card.”
5. While learning the words, I have students project their card on the document camera so the entire class can see and read the card.
I love to use this game for intervention and give each student several cards to read as we play. This game also assists with ELD development since there are colored photos to match the top word on each card.
Check out my other CVC Word Activities:
Roll It, Read It, and Color It - CVC Word Activity