The Lesson Lady presents Patriotic American Literacy Centers and Activities Packet! Included in this packet are 10 useful literacy centers that you can use in your patriotic themed lessons.
Literacy centers focus on writing in a variety of forms (poetry, letters, journaling, etc..) but also included other activities such as synonym matches, writing a letter to a soldier, a vocabulary game, and a fact and opinion activity. Information about American holidays such as Labor Day and Memorial Day are also included.
The following specific activities are included in this packet:
- Literacy Writing or Journal Prompts, set of eight with a selection of American themed journaling paper.
- Postcard from My Dream Location Write & Draw
- America Fact & Opinion cut out activity and fact opinion writing sheet.
- American Holidays read & map with a Venn diagram and spider maps.
- Draw & Describe Food Page.
- Letter to a Soldier - send your students letters to soldiers! All information and a wide range of journaling and drawing paper is included.
- If I Were President with planning paper, Venn diagram, spider map, and writing paper.
- I Love America Vocabulary Memory Game
- Patriotic Synonym Match with blank cards to add your own words!
- Patriotic Poetry with pages and examples of three types of poems students can write.
Your students express their love of America with this fun packet!
Please contact me with any questions you have about this product.