Also included in
- This bundle includes all of my PPT products designed specifically for 'Topic 9 - Plant Biology' in the 2016 IB Biology curriculum. The Topics and slide counts (106 total) are: • 9.1 - Transport in Phylem • 9.2 - Transport in Phloem • 9.3 - Growth in Plants • 9.4 - Reproduction in Pl$12.00$14.00Save $2.00
- This bundles includes all of my PPT products designed 2016 IB Biology HL curriculum. The topics included are: • 7.1 - DNA Structure & Replication PPT • 7.2 - Transcription & Gene Expression PPT • 7.3 - Tranlation PPT • 8.1 - Enzymes HL • 8.2 - Cell Respiration HL • 8$65.00$83.50Save $18.50
- This bundles includes all of my PPT products designed 2016 IB Biology SL & HL Core curriculum. The total slide count is 1783 and topics included are: • 1.1 - Intro to Cells PPT • 1.2 - Ultrastructures of Cells PPT • 1.3 - Membrane Structure PPT • 1.4 - Membrane Transport PPT$170.00$221.50Save $51.50
This 22-slide Powerpoint presentation covers 'Topic 9.2 - Transport in Phloemin the 2016 IB Biology curriculum. Each slide includes the specific learning objective as well as key vocabulary that students should note.
The topic has been divided into two sections:
• A - Phloem
• B - Translocation
The presentation itself contains minimal information as it is intended to be used with teacher guidance. There are sometimes 'Video' throughout which link to relevant and informative YouTube content. The slides are formatted to be visually pleasing and to also print well for handouts or revision. Please see the preview file (first 8 slides) for an idea of the aesthetic and level of detail in the presentation. The relevant 'Essential Knowledge' can be found below.
I have had success using these presentations to review topics after students have been exposed to the material at home. I typically have the class read relevant material (book, site, etc.) and then watch the videos the day before introducing a topic. During the class period, I use the slides to structure the discussion around the IB Bio Understandings. The remaining class time is spent reinforcing the knowledge or working on activities, written test practice, or nature of science.
As always, please let me know if you have any suggestions for improvements. These are always a work in progress!
- U1: Plants transport organic compounds from sources to sinks.
- U2: Incompressibility of water allows transport along hydrostatic pressure gradients.
- U3: Active transport is used to load organic compounds into phloem sieve tubes at the source.
- U4: High concentrations of solutes in the phloem at the source lead to water uptake by osmosis.
- U5: Raised hydrostatic pressure causes the contents of the phloem to flowtowards sinks.
Applications & Skills:
- A1: Structure–function relationships of phloem sieve tubes.
- S1: Identification of xylem and phloem in microscope images of stem and root.