The IB English Individual Oral Commentary (IB English IOC). These lesson plans and activities are the antidote to anxiety and bundles of nerves in the classroom and at home. Coupled with fit-to-purpose resources that contain an element of fun, your students will build confidence and skills as they learn to -
• Create a robust Thesis Statement that sets them up for success.
• Write Body Paragraphs using proven Point, Evidence, Analysis structure.
• Edit ideas so they have time for analysis.
• With guidance, explore model commentaries. Spoken and transcribed.
• Use every minute of their time effectively.
• Use advertisements to gain confidence in delivering their IOC.
• Practice planning using a workable structure.
• Stay motivated, right to the end.
Resources included in this pack
Confidence building activities + examples
Mini and comprehensive writing / planning activities + examples
Template to build essay structure
Links to model IOC commentaries
Annotated model IOC transcript
Annotated sample advertisement
IOC model template
IOC student template
Please contact Claire Vorster for free resources, or with other questions. Many thanks!