Also included in
- These are the ten resources you need for summer to target fine motor, visual motor, handwriting, cutting and more! This is perfect for ESY / summer school and to give to students to work on over the summer. This includes summer handwriting practice, directed drawings, fine motor pack, motor stations$30.00$42.00Save $12.00
- UPDATED FOR 120 PRODUCTS - NEVER PLAN ANOTHER SESSION!Are you an occupational therapist or teacher who is looking for an easy calendar of products to help you set up year long fine motor, writing and gross motor in your classroom or therapy space? Have you ever thought to yourself, WHAT SHOULD I DO$275.00$468.50Save $193.50
This packet is a fun way to work on a variety of skills while children use clothespins to sequence ice cream scoops onto an ice cream cone! This MOTIVATING resource works on fine motor, visual motor, executive functioning, sequencing and hand strength for many different age groups! This also includes differentiated writing sheets for students of different levels. You will want to choose which writing pages fit best for your student’s needs. Some of the writing pages include a word bank or a sentence to copy or sentence starter.
- Ice cream scoops and cones printable (pages 3-4)
- Flavor menu (page 5)
- Black and white ice cream scoops (if you don’t have a color printer or want your students to color this in – pages 6-7)
- Direction cards -same directions as below (page 8-9).
- Easy sequencing cards - 3 scoops Single side pages 11-12. To print double sided: Pages 18-21
- Medium sequencing cards Single side pages 13-14. To print double sided: Pages 22-25
- Hard sequencing cards Single side pages 15-16. To print double sided: Pages 26-29
- Writing sheets: pages 31-43
- Pages 31-33: Circle the answer
- Page 34: Write in the number
- Page 35-37: 3/4 inch 3 lined paper
- Pages 38-40:1/2 inch 3 lined paper
- Pages 41-43: Single space paper
All you have to do is laminate, cut out the cones / scoops, and attach the scoops to clothespins. I recommend printing on card stock, but you can print on regular paper.
PLEASE ONLY DOWNLOAD IF YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THESE ARE THE SAME CARDS, BUT ONE IS DOUBLE SIDED AND ONE IS NOT. Your printer must be set to the correct settings to print the cards double sided.
Individual student use:
- Use this with individual students at their level.
- See how many ice cream cones / sequencing scoops students can make in a certain amount of time. (Ie: You have 2 minutes. Once you complete each cone, take the scoops off and use another card).
Play different group games:
- Shuffle all the cards, split the cards into equal piles (one for each student). Students will create each sequence of ice cream cones. Once a cone is complete, students go onto the next one. Whoever finishes their pile first, wins!
- Shuffle all the cards. Turn over one card. Whichever student creates that ice cream sequence the fastest, wins that card. Whoever has the most cards at the end, wins the game.
- Shuffle all the cards. One student takes a card without another student seeing the card. The student must state the colors in order and the other student must clip the scoops in order. If both students do this correctly, they keep the card, if not, this goes in a “teacher point pile”. Students then switch (the other one states the colors or ice cream flavors / the other student clips). Students can use the “flavor menu” if they forget what the names of the ice cream.
- The first player hides the scoops around the room. The second player must flip over the card and find the scoops in order. Time how long this takes. Switch roles and time how long it takes. Whoever completed their card the fastest wins.
- Put the cards on one side of the room. Put the cone and scoops on the other side of the room. Flip over the card. Memorize the order of the scoops. Bear walk to the the scoops and clip the scoops in order. If you forget the order, bear walk back over to remember the next set of scoops.
I WANT YOU TO BE HAPPY WITH YOUR PURCHASE. Please read the directions CAREFULLY, look at the preview and only download if you understand what is included. If you are dissatisfied or see an error, please email me (empoweringOT@gmail.com). I am happy to work with you to make you happy with your purchase or correct the error. Reminder, this is ONLY for 1 license for the person who purchased this product. In addition, you may not post online to any websites.
CHECK OUT SOME OF MY OTHER PRODUCTS:
This is perfect for RTI / MTSS as an intervention for hand strength.This is great for visual scanning, visual perceptual skills, coordination, visual motor integration and fine motor. This is also a perfect activity for occupational therapists OT, teachers, speech pathologists SLP, special education SPED teachers and other school professionals while working on skills!
I am a school occupational therapist who has a doctorate in occupational therapy. I work closely with special education and general education staff adapting material. This is where I get my inspiration for this material. I have used my materials with a variety of children with different disabilities including learning disabilities, dyslexia, autism, sensory processing disorder, ADD, ADHD, visual impairments, deaf/hard of hearing, cerebral palsy, down syndrome and more.
DISCLAIMER: By using this, you agree that this activity is not intended to replace the advice of a physician or occupational therapist. Information provided should not be used for diagnostic or training purposes. Please speak with your physician or OT if you have questions. Stop any activity if you are unsure about a child’s reaction or ability.