All things summer are here with our ICE CREAM fine motor busy bins! They go perfectly with your summer theme to use with your favorite preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten kiddos.
The ICE CREAM Fine Motor Busy Bins include 12 printable activities that offer fine motor practice for little hands.
You need this set! Little hands need lots of fine motor practice to be ready to cut with scissors, hold pencils the correct way, buttoning jackets, opening lunch boxes, and tying shoes!
Each busy bin includes a direction and supplies page, and a label for your bin. They are set up as completely independent morning work tub activities for pre-k
. The busy bins are also perfect to use with younger preschoolers during circle and small group time.
----> The ICE CREAM fine motor busy bins for spring are the 17th set in our ENDLESS Themed Fine Motor Busy Bins Bundle
. The bundle is the way to go!
Print and prep the fine motor busy bins, and store them in small storage containers with lids (mine are from Walmart - some teachers use ziplock or colorful buckets). Switch out the 12 activities each time you switch themes. Yep, the idea is genius!
What is a busy bin exactly?
A busy bin is similar to a busy bag activity. You put the activity together and store it in a bin to be used over and over again. Busy bins are reusable learning activities – prep once and play forever!
Each fine motor busy bin activity comes with an instruction page and a label for your bin.
ICE CREAM FINE MOTOR BUSY BINS
Ice Cream Letters
- Trace and build uppercase letters while placing buttons one by one to practice correct letter formation.
Play Dough Toppings
- Decorate the ice cream cone treat with play dough toppings. Sprinkles, whipped cream, chocolate syrup, and cherries are fun ideas.
Sweet Treat Match-Ups
- Using plastic chain links, hook together all of the matching ice cream treats with the correct ice cream friend.
Ice Cream Sort
- Sort colored pom poms on to each ice cream cone card using kid-friendly squeezers.
Ice Cream Trace Cards
- Practice pre-writing skills while tracing the shapes and lines on each ice cream card with a dry erase marker.
Make 10 Scoops
- Make sure each card has 10 ice cream scoops by adding the correct number of pom poms, dry erase marker circle, or buttons as scoops to practice addition to 10.
- Put the numbers in order from 1-5 and 6-10 to create ice cream theme puzzles.
Counting Ice Cream Scoops
- Add the correct amount of extra large pom poms or cottons balls to the cones on the cards to create ice cream counting treats.
Find It & Mark It
- Identify the picture in the circle on each card and then find all of the exact matches and mark them with a mini eraser.
Ice Cream Shape Clip Cards
- Identify the shape on the ice cream cone, find the matching shape on the side of the card, and clip it with a clothespin.
Ice Cream Mazes
- Help the ice cream treat find its way through the maze all the way to the ice cream truck or ice cream friend using a dry erase marker.
EXTRA SUPPLIES & MANIPULATIVES:
The printable pieces of each busy bin are included in the file. Laminating the pieces is recommended. The other supplies include:
Buttons or colorful candies
Plastic chain links or pipe cleaners
Pom poms - red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, pink, brown
Dry erase marker or large buttons
Colorful pom poms
Dry erase markers
Are summer activities calling your name?
You won't want to miss our:
Ice Cream Literacy & Math Centers (coming soon!)
Ocean Fine Motor Busy Bins
Ocean Literacy & Math Centers