Also included in
- Looking for middle school mini lessons, worksheets, handouts, and activities to teach literacy in the secondary English Language Arts classroom? This MASSIVE bundle includes reading, writing, speaking and listening activities for over 29 weeks of daily lessons, activities and literacy tasks!⚡️⚡️⚡️ OVE$120.00$200.35Save $80.35
- Updated for distance learning! This Back to School Bundle includes classroom management tools and community-building activities to establish daily routines, classroom expectations, and a growth mindset for the new school year. Use these Back to School Activities for Middle School and High School cl$27.85$43.60Save $15.75
- Foster strong classroom community and growth mindset culture in your middle school or high school classrooms using these icebreaker games, personality quizzes, and organizational tools.⚡⚡⚡ SAVE OVER 30% WITH THE BUNDLE DISCOUNT! ⚡⚡⚡Resources included in this bundle:1.Back to School STUDENT SURVEY Ed$18.25$26.45Save $8.20
These 30 get-to-know-you question prompts are a great community-building activity for distance learning or in-class! Suitable for middle school and high school students in any subject area. Includes editable templates!
BUILD CLASSROOM COMMUNITY AND CULTURE
QUESTION PROMPTS AND EDITABLE TEMPLATES
INCLUDES ATTENDANCE ROLL-CALL PROMPTS
How to use this resource:
This resource includes 30 question prompts that can be used as back-to-school icebreakers in middle school or high school. There are two different activity options for these prompts, as well as editable templates to customize each activity.
The "Speed-Meeting" activity requires stations to be set up around the room; to determine how many stations you need, you will need to take account of how many students are participating and divide that number into two. These stations can be set up in a circle, and each station will have one of the 10 "Speed-Meeting" activity sheets. Each activity sheet includes three questions, and you can allow 2-3 minutes for students to discuss the questions at each station.
If you have more than 20 students, you can either repeat the activity sheets at different stations (the pairings will be different so it won't be completely repetitive), or you can use the editable templates to create more questions.
Once the time is up, you can rotate the stations by instructing either the students within the inside or on the outside of the circle to all rotate in the same direction. For virtual learning, this resource can be used as a digital icebreaker by using breakout rooms in Zoom. Instead of pairs, group students in larger groups. You can make new groups at the start of each class and use this activity over the course of two weeks, assigning a new activity sheet each day.
Alternatively, you can use these questions as attendance prompts at the start of each class. You can read one question per day, and instead of having students respond with "here," they can respond with their answer to the question.
Editable templates for both of these activities have been provided. For more community-building, you can brainstorm ideas for question prompts together as a class.
Each page in this resource has been duplicated in black-and-white format to print without the use of color ink.
This resource is also included in Mondays Made Easy's BACK TO SCHOOL BUNDLE for Procedures and Routines. This bundle includes classroom management tools and community-building activities to establish daily routines, classroom expectations, and a growth mindset for the new school year. Click here to preview this resource.
You might also be interested in Mondays Made Easy's Back To School Resources.
⭐ Customer Tip! ⭐
Want FREE CREDIT to go towards purchases? Make sure to offer feedback for your downloads! Follow these instructions below:
- Go to your "My Purchases" page to find a "Provide Feedback" button next to each download.
- Follow this link to offer a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases!
- Your feedback is important to me as it helps me to continually improve my products and ensure they are meeting your needs!
Follow me! Be the first to know about product launches, sales, discounts, and free giveaways:
➾ The Blog
For questions, collaborations, or other concerns:
✉ Contact me: email@example.com
Access my Free Resource Library!
Mondays Made Easy is committed to the continual improvement of resources to meet the current needs of teachers. This product was last updated on May 19, 2021.