IDIOMS - ACTIVITIES, ASSIGNMENTS, POSTERS, TASK CARDS & MORE!: Idioms are part of everyday speech, yet we assume that our students know what they mean! This resource bundle includes over 270 pages/slides of ready-to-use resources to bring idioms into your classroom! The bundle includes posters, bulletin displays, assignments, activities, task cards, and more! By purchasing this in a bundle you are saving 20%!
This bundle makes a great addition to any literacy unit, and is perfect for English second language students (ESL).
INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE (Click Individual Titles For More Details)
IDIOM OF THE WEEK POSTERS
This resource allows teachers to introduce one idiom per week with a definition and an example. Set up a bulletin board in your classroom and change the idiom weekly. Included in this resource:
• A title poster (Idiom Of The Week)
• A poster with the definition of an idiom
• 40 different eye-catching idiom posters with easy to understand definitions and examples that you can change weekly!
IDIOM STUDENT AWARDS
Reward your students these 30 ready-to-print awards! Each of the award titles include an idiom (Examples: The Down To Earth Award, The Happy-Go-Lucky Award, The Larger Than Life Award, The Salt Of The Earth Award etc.). An explanation for why the student is receiving the award (related to the idiom) is also included on the certificate. All you have to do is print, sign/date, and you are done!
A Powerpoint file of the awards is also included, so you can type student names and dates in before you print!
IDIOM ADVICE POSTERS & ASSIGNMENTS
This fun resource allows teachers to introduce one idiom that gives advice to your students per week with a definition and an example! Not only will your students learn 40 new idioms, but they will also get some valuable advice in the process. Also included are 4 assignments that you can use every 2 weeks where students can match scenarios or problems with the proper idiomatic advice! Included in this resource:
• A title poster (Idiom Advice Of The Week)
• A poster with the definition of an idiom
• 40 Different eye-catching idiom posters with easy to understand definitions and examples that you can change weekly!
• 40 Slide Powerpoint presentation to have up on the screen when students arrive to guess the meaning of the idiom advice.
• 4 Assignments where students read 10 scenarios/problems and choose the correct idiom advice.
• Answer keys for each of the assignments
IDIOM IN MUSIC MATCHING ACTIVITY
Help your students understand 18 idioms used in popular music lyrics with this fun, engaging matching activity. In the activity, students match up cards with idioms from popular songs with their definitions! Included in this resource:
• Instructions for how to facilitate the activity
• 18 "Musical Idiom" cards that include a short excerpt from a popular song that includes in idiomatic expression. Also included is the name of the song and the singer/band.
• Easy-to-understand definition cards that match up with each of the idiom cards.
IDIOM TEXT MESSAGES ACTIVITY
This resource helps your students make sense of common idiomatic expressions in a fun, modern way - by searching for them in text message conversations! Included in this resource:
• 40 Task cards with original text message conversations that include a variety of common English idioms! There are over 160 different idioms included! Students are asked to locate the idioms and explain them in their own words. Two versions of this document are included: One for easy printing of a set of task cards, and another version with two of the same task card per page, so you can complete one a week to last you the whole year!
• An 80 slide Powerpoint presentation that prompts students to find the idioms in each of the text message conversations and a detailed, animated answer key for class review!
IDIOM PAPER FORTUNE TELLER ACTIVITY
This idiom fortune teller/cootie-catcher can easily be folded by your students, and they can use it to quiz each other! Included in this resource:
• Instructions for folding the fortune teller
• Teacher instructions for how to use the resource
• 4 versions of the idiom fortune teller (includes same idioms, but different versions with some parts missing for students to fill in on their own) ___________________________________________________________________
© Presto Plans
★CLICK HERE TO RECEIVE 10 FREE ENGLISH TEACHER RESOURCES!