Your children have probably heard and/or used Idioms in their every day language. This prior knowledge will readily prepare and engage your learners for the expansive world of Idioms in our culture and other cultures. It’s a great way to encourage multi-culturalism.
Included in this Idioms' CLAMDiggers Unit are:
- front & back covers for booklet use
- a thematic literature list of trade books
- a general instructional lesson plan for using specified trade books with introductory ideas
- 10 hands-on interactive activities with instructions written on an independent upper elementary level
You can utilize this unit as:
- whole group instruction
- small group instruction
- cooperative groups
- center time activities
- partner sharing
- independent study
This 38-page Idioms Study:
- follows Bloom’s learning sequence for Higher Order Thinking
- has multiple hands-on, extension activities
- engages the learner in reading, writing, and problem-solving
- encourages Critical Thinking Skills: classifying, explaining, evaluating, etc.
Remember to access Idioms' corresponding Freebie: for more examples of this Figurative Language.
You can, also, read a Figurative Language Overview on my website.
Don’t forget to check out my other Figurative Language Products & Freebies.
Please let me hear from you with any comments, concerns and/or questions.
Thank you so much!
Mz. Bizzy Lizzy